(4004 La Crescenta Ave - La Crescenta, CA 91214)
The History Dept. meets to set up, repair, archive & maintain albums depicting the Club activities. They also research historical buildings & locations in & around Los Angeles County. Following the business meeting, they occasionally have a historical field trip lunch.
The History Department raises money, spends time planning, printing & visiting the local high schools, interviewing applicants & going over scholarship applications and then presents a history scholarship award to a high school student each year at our Student Festival.
PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR FORM
In 1911, when the Crescenta Valley was little more than a village, a group of women gathered for the purpose of forming an organization for the development & improvement of the community & for social contacts. In 1924 we were incorporated & became a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. In 1929 the Jr. Club was organized. The improvement of the only school in the area and its grounds (La Crescenta School) was the first in a long line of philanthropic projects. We offered aid during the Big Tujunga Fire of 1925 & after the great flood of 1934, the Woman’s Club served as a first aid station.
During any disaster, our Clubhouse will be available for Disaster Relief purposes